Annual General Meeting – This coming Sunday, 3 April…be sure to come and participate in the future of St. Catherine’s.
If you wish to vote at the AGM and have not yet registered, you must download an enrollment form from the church website, www.stcatherines-stuttgart.de – and bring it to church on Sunday. All who are enrolled will be qualified to vote in the all-important election of Wardens and Parish Council at the AGM. The AGM will take place after the church service. We will first worship, then eat a quick little lunch – and the meeting… kept as short and simple as our parish life allows.
Lange Nacht der Museen
This coming Saturday. St. Catherine’s is on the tour. For more information see the website
American Days coming soon:
St. Catherine’s is participating in this festival by sponsoring 3 different events:
- The American – German Gospel Concert, Sunday afternoon 8 May in the Leonhardskirche (17:00)
- The All- American Hymn-Sing and Ice Cream Social….. Sunday afternoon 1 May (15:00)
- Our world-famous English Booksale / Bakesale…. (change of date – now on Saturday, 7 May…. 10:00-16:00)
All of these events are going to need helpers to organize and operate the events. But it is all so much fun…. and good for our church! Please consider saying yes to this request for your help. The greatest need is, of course, for the Booksale / Bakesale. We will be looking not only for people to bake for the sale, but also to help with the set-up, sales, and clean-up. No experience necessary. No need to wait for a personal appeal. Let Pat Schultz know now that you are willing to help…. email@example.com
What a nice Easter Day we had! Music, Flowers, Feast, Egg Hunt, Liturgy, junior acolytes, Sunday School class and project – it all came together in a way that surely glorified God. So many people helped make it wonderful…. I will try to remember them….
- Readers: T.C. and Pat
- Prayers of the People: Mark
- Acolytes: Christopher, Jaden and Natalie
- Choir: Anna, Meg, Tobias, Eric, Crispin
- Solsoist on I know that my redeemer liveth: Anna
- Organist: Crispin
- Sunday School leaders: Jackie & Buli
- Lilies on the altar: Gary
- Other Flowers: The Old Catholic congregation
- Pakistaní Biryani and Sharma: Shahid
- Easter Egg Hunt: Heather and helpers
- Youngest in attendance: The new baby boy of Susanne and Ashley: congratulations!
- Furthest traveled to get to church: The grandmother of the new baby boy… all the way from Texas.
- Cooks: The best cooks in Stuttgart! Too numerous to mention… Thanks to all who brought and all who ate.
- Clean up: ( I don’t know as I was already on my way to Ulm for the last Easter Day service) … but I think the last ones standing were Gary, Gabbi, and Daniel. Special Thanks and Blessings on all who worked without being noticed – keeping all things good and in order.
Our weekly Wednesday night Bible Study will resume next Wednesday 6th April, 20:00 in the Anglican Centre.
The Ladies Evening Group, Stuttgart,
L.E.G.S – will have their next meeting on the evening of Monday 4th April – from 19:00 at Ha Long near Hölderlinplatz. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Vicar:
I am writing this newsletter from the hotel at Schiphol airport, outside Amsterdam, where I am attending a diocesan board of Strategy meeting. Did you know we had a strategy? Well, we are developing one which seeks to be inclusive of all that the diocese should be doing in the name of Christ: Building up the Church, Educating the People of God, Enabling ministry at all levels, ordained and lay, Deepening Spirituality, Reforming Society and Working for Social Justice, Environmental Protection and more. It is a lot for one document to hope to contain… but the intention is well worth the effort.
I will return on Wednesday evening, and be ready to see you all next on the 2nd Sunday of Easter, 3 April, and following the service at the Annual General Meeting. I always hope for a big attendance. But as long as you are there it will be enough.
See you soon. K+