News from the Church Council
The church council met on Sunday morning before the service to discuss the business of the church:
- the nice things like confirming where the last of our 2016 outreach donations should go,
- the administrative things – how can we get people to sign up in advance to help with readings and the prayers of the people on Sundays (e-amil Eric firstname.lastname@example.org),
- the financials – what does the 2017 budget look like and how can we get everyone’s Spendebescheinigung to them for 2016 (If you would like a Spendebescheinigung please ensure you e-mail your postal address to Jackie email@example.com so that she doesn’t have to spend extra time hunting for someone who knows where you live)
- communication – the way the church news is distributed is changing – if you’re reading this on the website – why not subscribe to our weekly news notification?
- the future – the Annual General Meeting is approaching on the 23rd April, have you got the date in your diary? Are you on the electoral roll – fill out the form? Have you considered whether you would be willing to stand for election to the council – talk to one of the current members? Could you sign up to contribute to the lunch? (Heather will be approaching people soon with a list of things to sign up to bring – watch this space) …
This Sunday is Pancake Sunday immediately following the Sunday morning service. Cooks and Team members are being sought. Do you have some spectacular pancake recipe you would like to contribute to the day? Please notify the vicar what you are willing to do to make this as international, delicious, creative, and fun as possible. (Note: this is the St. Catherine’s version of Shrove Tuesday,… except on Sunday, just before Ash Wednesday and Lent.) firstname.lastname@example.org
And after Shrove Tuesday (or Pancake Day) comes Lent
Ash Wednesday Schedule – Wednesday 1st March
Early service – without Holy Communion 7:30am – in church
Noontime service – with Holy Communion 12:00 – in church
Evening service … In the Anglican Centre at 19:00…
Or if your German is good you are welcome at the Old Catholic service in the church at 1830
The World Day of Prayer used to be called Women’s World Day of Prayer. Each year, they focus on different countries, now it’s the turn of the Philippines. Trust the Germans to do a great job. They collaborated with my people at home. I feel so honored with the amount of work & passion they put into it. Going through the workbook, I read familiar names. The articles are well researched, truthful, fair & balanced. Some of my Filipina friends are involved in this project scattered throughout Germany. I’m inviting my friends to come & join us. We still have two fellowship meetings on Feb 2 & 20, and finally our service on March 3. All at 7pm.
Come and join us at St Catherine Church in Stuttgart. Katharinenplatz Ecke Olgastraße.
Let’s get to know each other!
Confirmation, baptism, the Bishop’s Visit: We now have 2 to be confirmed and 3 to be baptised during the visit of Bishop David Hamid on 19th March. For those who might still be insterested in being Confirmed or Recieved into the Anglican Church, classes will begin this Sunday afternoon. Contact the vicar if you want to know more. (Anyone is welcome to come to the classes, even if already confirmed. A refresher course from time to time is a good idea.) The Vicar is also looking for ideas on how best we can entertain Bishop David after our service. What do you think would be a good idea? email@example.com