With Lent just around the corner, be aware that there will be several things happening soon to get us started into a good and holy season.
- The International Pancake Day…. 15 February just after church….
- Ash Wednesday…..with the visible reminder that our mortality is ever with us. ‘Remember that thou art dust and to dust thou wilt return.
- Lenten Bible Study… every Wednesday night
- A German version of Taize Prayer… available every Tuesday night in the church.
- A congregational Lenten Pilgrimage to a holy site in the surrounding area… TBA later.
- A Lenten Quiet Day…. set for Sunday 22 March, after church…. led by Cate Johnson and the Vicar,… at Villa Berg church office…and park (weather permitting).
- 40 Days of alterations to the liturgy…. setting our worship in Lent apart from our worship in Easter and the rest of the year:
- no alleluias
- different tune for the Sanctus
- adding the Agnus Dei
- moving the General Confession to a more prominent place in the service
- Violet vestments of contrition and sadness
- No Gloria
- More somber music
Katie Lonson Classical Guitar Concert
She is giving one final concert (Abschlusskonzert) for her final exam at the Musikhochschule. Your are welcome to attend and enjoy her beautiful music, free of charge. 8 p.m. 9 Feb, Monday night-.at the OPR of the Musikhochschule. Several of us from St. Cat’s will be going.