Lent course 2018: #LiveLent – Let Your Light Shine!
The Church of England’s Lent course for 2018, entitled#LiveLent – Let Your Light Shine, “takes you on a six week discipleship journey through the Gospel of John, exploring what it means to be a witness. For each day from Ash Wednesday to Easter Day there is a short reading, a pause for reflection and prayer, and an idea for a simple action that will enable the light of Jesus to shine through our everyday lives”. There is also a five-session course for groups. For more info see https://www.churchofengland.org/lent.
Interested in participating? Then you can:
Katy has ordered copies of the accompanying 112-page booklet with all of the readings, prayers and reflections, for those who have requested one. If you’ve missed the order all is not lost. For those that are happy to use an electronic version, all of the materials are also now available on an app specially developed for Lent 2018. This can be downloaded for free from apple.co/2ECqIZC (Apple store) and bit.ly/2BQ8iBt #app #lent (Google Play store).
More info about the booklet and #LiveLent ? Let Your Light Shine in general can be found at: https://www.churchofengland.org/lent
– Join the Bible study group! We will be working through the five-week course, beginning on Wednesday 21 February and ending on Wednesday 21 March.
If you’d like to participate in the five-week course or if you have any questions, please send me an email at email@example.com.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Hymns for Sunday
Other dates for your diary
- World Day of Prayer – Friday 2nd March, 19:00 -Evangelisch-reformierter Kirchensaal Heidehofstr. 17, 70184 Stuttgart
In the past members of St. Catherine’s have attended services throughout the Stuttgart area. Last year the World Day of Prayer was hosted by the Old-Catholics, next year St. Catherine’s has committed to hosting the event.
This years’ host is the Evangelisch-reformierter Kirche. The theme is: Gottes Schöpfung its sehr gut! and materials have been prepared by Surinam.
Access: U15 train to Heidehofstr. The church is located 5 minutes from the train station.
WOMEN and MEN OF ALL CONFESSIONS ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE.
- Ladies’ Evening Group – On March 5 LEGS meets for dinner at the Indian Palace near Rathaus, starting at 7 pm. For more information see here: http://www.indianpalace-stuttgart.de/de/ Please let Marlies know if you plan to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday 18th March – post-service – Bake Sale by 1st Stuttgart Guides in aid of toilettwinning.org
- Sunday 15th April – post-service – Annual General Meeting: hear the review of the St. Catherine’s church year, the budget for the coming year and vote for your new wardens and council.
- Saturday 21st April – installation of Rev’d. Kara Werner as chaplain of St. Catherine’s
Flat Hunting – can you help find a home for our chaplain?
I am sure everyone knows by now that our new chaplain, the Revd. Kara Werner, is coming to take over the St. Catherine’s ministry in April. Before she arrives we must find her a flat! We have been looking on all the appropriate websites, have distributed flyers in church, have put her name down with the department at the Oberkirchenrat in Stuttgart which also looks for accomodation, and asked everybody to keep their ears and eyes open for any possible flats. Here are the details once again:
50 to 70 sqm, 2 to 3 rooms, with built-in kitchen (essential), balcony (optional), within the VVS Zone 1 or 2 for easy and reasonably-priced commuting. From 1st March 2018. Up to €1.000,– warm. Our new chaplain is in her mid-fifties, English with good knowledge of German, non-smoker and with no pets.
Should you hear of any flats please contact: email@example.com.
Thank you. Alison
Put on your dancing shoes – support the International Women’s Club’s fundraiser for women in difficulties.
Tickets are now available for the 2018 IWCS Annual Charity Event!!
Everyone is welcome to join the party – women, men, singles, couples, and groups!
Proceeds to benefit Frauen helfen Frauen Stuttgart e.V. and support survivors of domestic violence in our city.
IWC Event page – find out more