Prayer – ever since we thought a little about ‘public prayer in the context of data protection’ during some of the services last august – this has been at the fore front and at the back of my head and I gave it extra time during Lent not least in also talking to some of you about your thoughts.
I think I am now ready to move ahead with this and would like to make some offerings.
- if you have been recently bereaved or are marking the anniversary of a bereavement please light a candle in the sand bowl at the altar (if you arrive late then do it during a hymn)
- sickness and all things medical (including mental health) put just a name on piece of paper (available with hymn and service books at arrival) and lay on the altar (if you arrive late then do it during a hymn)
- national news in your ‘home’ country whether in the news or not put on a piece of paper (available with hymn and service books at arrival) and lay on the altar (if you arrive late then do it during a hymn)
- all of these I can then pray for specifically but silently and anonymously during the Eucharistic Prayer and all pieces of paper will after the service be destroyed
this approach means that prayer is a partnership in that both you and I are working together to bring before our God the needs and concerns on our hearts. This will not replace our Intercessions which are often around the themes of the day and a broader world wide and community scope.
There is also a different format which is an important part of the spirituality and discipleship of at least some of our members and that is ‘praying together’ so once again some offerings.
- prayer meetings – perhaps once a term and then out of necessity on a Saturday ? though I shall participate these would be led by lay people
- prayer for our services and those who attend them – anyone who feels this is important come to sacristy / vestry each Sunday at 11.00 prompt and I shall lead these to begin with…..
- we pray this week for ourselves and those who are dear to us
- and if we want to for them also in the context now of our journey through Easter
- also my prayer list – people who have asked for my prayers – is getting longer, so please pray for those people too (you don’t need to know who they are or what their needs are) just remember them
- we pray for our young people and our teachers as they return
we pray for all who work for Peace in our world and for all those who long for Peace and for all those who have never known Peace and for those distraught by the most recent acts of violence and terror
we pray for places of worship including churches, synagogues, temples and mosques across the world who are now anxious about safety
- firstly a big Thank You to all who give regularly or at all
- secondly there are now hard copy forms available as well as website links for those who want to switch to ‘Planned Giving’
- finally too an appeal to anyone who has either experience or a passion for fundraising and grant application to join our finance team – you can email them on email@example.com
Peace be with you ! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. JOHN 20.21
gifts or occasional help sought please:
- – technical support especially for ‘Apple’ / iMacs
- – intercessions – public or private
- – healing prayer – private
- – fundraising
- – do you play an instrument – our much loved organist is allowed holidays…….
offers of help to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Kara
- – ‘Catering Manager’ for our hosting of the chaplains and lay reps (40-50) from all Germany FR 13. / Sa 14.09.19
Bible Study – resumes this week Wednesday 01st May @ 19.30 in Anglican Centre
American-German Gospel Concert – EV. Leonardskirche Stuttgart – Sunday 5th May, 2019 at 17:00, doors open to the public at 16:30
St. Catherine’s Anglican Church and the International Church of the Nazarene along with DAZ (Deutsch-Amerikanisches Zentrum) welcome you to Stuttgart’s 12th Annual American-German Gospel Festival.
Donations from the retiring collection and refreshments will go to help build a well in Yemen.
see last week’s notices for details of help needed.
Annual Book Sale –Saturday 18th May – all day
If you have time to help, then please let Susanna Thielecke know – best of all by sending her an e-mail (email@example.com). See last week’s notices for full details https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/easter-musings/
Ladies’ Evening Group – Wednesday 22nd May – Sophies Brauhaus – if you’d like to join the ladies for food and fellowship. If you would like to join us e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Concert – Tuesday 28th May – we have invited the Shepherd’s Symphony a children’s choir from India who are on tour. The concert will be @18.30 in Leonhardkirche near Rathaus UBahn
Ascension Day Walk – Thursday 30th May meet at the Centre around 15.45 for an opening prayer and then a walk up to Bopser Tea Rooms where we shall read the Ascension story and pray some more and then people can stay or go …… the walking bit will be either in silent prayer or with family and friends (Kara to sort on the day)
we welcome those new among us and pray they will soon feel at home at St Catherine’s
our Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer is Katy Kefferpütz who can be contacted at email@example.com should you have any queries or concerns or feedback
Chaplain – every Monday: 14.30 – 16.00 and every Saturday: 11.00 – 12.30
If I am not there at these times there will be a very good reason !
Chaplaincy Administrator aka the lovely Lauris – every Thursday: 10.00 – 12.00
I am also at the Centre at other times so feel free to drop in – no appointment needed !
Or DO make an appointment if that more suits your needs.
St Catherine’s Anglican Church does not receive financial support from the German government or the Diocese in Europe. We depend on the generous financial support of those that worship with us to support our ministry.
Thank you in advance for your support !
Your contributions may be paid by Überweisung to St Catherine’s Church:
The Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE67 5206 0410 0000 4022 22
Arrangements can also be made for those wishing to give from other countries because they no longer live in Stuttgart / Germany – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org