and one final image to launch us into the Easter season…….
Peace be with you ! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. JOHN 20.21
#lookingback at Holy Week and Easter at St. Catherine’s https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/good-friday-reflections-2019/ If you have any photos of Easter Sunday or any of the other services which you would like to share please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Group – Thursday 25th April – 10:00 – Anglican Centre
- Men’s Pub Night – Thursday 25th April – 19:00 – Rote Kapelle – email email@example.com if you would like to join us.
- American-German Gospel Concert – EV. Leonardskirche Stuttgart – Sunday 5th May, 2019 at 17:00, doors open to the public at 16:30
St. Catherine’s Anglican Church and the International Church of the Nazarene along with DAZ (Deutsch-Amerikanisches Zentrum) welcome you to Stuttgart’s 12th Annual American-German Gospel Festival.
Donations from the retiring collection and refreshments will go to help build a well in Yemen.
All Hands on Deck!
Volunteers are needed to make this a successful and memorable event:
We are asking you to:
- Donate refreshments and baked goods.
- Volunteer to Set up from 14:00 to 15:30
- Serve refreshments from 15:30 -18:30 and
- Clean up after the concert 18:30 and beyond.
Please offer donations of help and of refreshments welcome on the sign-up sheets in the Anglican Centre or speak to Lauris or Gary.
- Annual Book Sale –Saturday 18th May – all day
Helpers wanted for St. Catherine’s Booksale!On Saturday, May 18, we have one of our big fundraising events coming up – St. Catherine’s Booksale. To make it a success, we need lots of people to pitch in and help – the more we are, the more fun it will be! We need people to help set up on Friday evening (approx. 18:00 to 21:00), and on Saturday, we need friendly sales assistants and cashiers to turn St. Catherine’s into an amazing book store! We’ll try to organize shifts, starting at about 09:00… There will also be a baked goods sale, organized by Naomi, for which we need lots of luscious home-baked goodies – so if you’re a kitchen god or goddess, get busy! Naomi would also welcome some support in cutting cake and pouring tea on the day. Finally, when all is over at 16:00, we will need a team to pack the left-overs away again, for next year…If you have time to help, then please let Susanna Thielecke know – best of all by sending her an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).There are other ways in which you can help as well – for instance, by telling all your friends and acquaintances about the event. We have advertising flyers, so come by the Anglican Centre and pick some up, or take some after the next service you attend. Finally, we are always happy to receive donations of good quality English-language books – they can either be dropped off at the Anglican Centre or brought along on the day.
- Ladies’ Evening Group – Wednesday 22nd May – Sophies Brauhaus – if you’d like to join the ladies for food and fellowship. If you would like to join us e-mail email@example.com
- Concert – Tuesday 28th May – we have invited the Shepherd’s Symphony a children’s choir from India who are on tour. The concert will be @18.30 in Leonhardkirche near Rathaus UBahn
we pray for all who work for Peace in our world and for all those who long for Peace and for all those who have never known Peace
– firstly a big Thank You to all who give regularly or at all
– secondly there are now hard copy forms available as well as website links for those who want to switch to ‘Planned Giving’
– finally too an appeal to anyone who has either experience or a passion for fundraising and grant application to join our finance team – you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
gifts or occasional help sought please:
- – technical support especially for ‘Apple’ / iMacs
- – intercessions – public or private
- – healing prayer – private
- – fundraising
- – do you play an instrument – our much loved organist is allowed holidays…
- ‘Catering Manager’ for our hosting of the chaplains and lay reps (40-50) from all Germany FR 13. / Sa 14.09.19
offers of help to email@example.com or speak to Kara
we welcome those new among us and those visiting over Easter. We pray you will feel at home during your time at St Catherine’s, whether it be one service or as often as you can during your time in Stuttgart.
Please keep an eye out to see if anyone is struggling to find their way in the black book ………… or needing to be shown the way to the Anglican Centre for Coffee.
our Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer is Katy Kefferpütz who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries or concerns or feedback