Advent is here….
Use the links, to online resources for Advent, with family and friends at home or elsewhere
- daily prayer pattern – morning and evening
- compline for Advent – for use on any evening
- blue Christmas – a liturgy for the bereaved
- Advent festival of Light with Antiphons SA26.11.@17
- A Eucharist with St Nic – bring an extra pair of shoes and also lots of coins (€2 and €1 only) SU04.12.@12
- Carols around the Firebowl SU11.12.@17
- Lichter der Leonhardsvorstadt FR16.12@17
- An Advent Eucharist SU18.12.@12
- Traditional Lessons and Carols FR23.12.@17
- A Christmas Eucharist SU25.12.@10
Scratch Choir for Annual Service of Lessons & Carols
We are once again putting together a scratch choir for the
Annual Service of Lessons and Carols,
which this year is taking place on
Friday 23rd December, 17:00 at Leonardskirche.
If you would like to be involved, or know of anyone who might be interested (e.g. musical friends or family visiting for Christmas), it’s not too late please to contact Becka at firstname.lastname@example.org
At St. Catherine’s we use the word GIVING in 3 distinct ways:
- Giving allows members and visitors to exercise the stewardship aspect of their discipleship by supporting the church financially. Please note we are a self-supporting church with a negative budget. If you are new to St. Catherine’s or have not yet set up a regular bank transfer, please give what you can online via our virtual collection plate. We have a Retiring Collection at services for any visitors and for those who prefer to ‘give’ in cash.
- Giving allows members and visitors to exercise the stewardship aspect of their discipleship by giving time – this can be a regular task or role or occasional or help when it is called for usually via Notices.
- Giving allows the Church itself to exercise its own stewardship by budgeted giving to projects or global areas where needs call for such financial support. For a hint of what we have supported in the past click here
Projects this year include: Brot für die Welt and Oxfam and Ukraine support
-we pray for the world-wide St Catherines family and give thanks for all who in some way belong to it
-we pray for Ukrainians left with significantly reduced lighting and heating due to attacks on energy infrastructure
-we pray for our ministry to and among refugees from currently 3 different continents as our volunteers explore how to best serve those in greatest need
-we pray for the anxious and the fearful
-we pray that we might each have the courage to make the lifestyle changes that would help heal our planet
-we pray for peace in our world, in our homes, in our hearts
Lord have mercy = Christ have mercy = Lord have mercy