Return2Church: There will be no R2C for the next three Saturdays.
See below for full details of Palm Sunday on Zoom, Holy Week online and Easter Sunday in Church. This week you are warmly invited to join us online.
Palm Sunday – on Sunday 28.03. @16:00 a service for any and all who wish to join in on Zoom with the usual Passion Reading (If you would like a part let the Chaplain know –
we still need a Pilate and a Centurion plus family groupings of disciples or accusers or soldiers …. and this notice is now urgent) please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the text (just one or two lines) will be sent to you.
Zoom Palm Cross Making – Following the instructions Make your own palm cross we have been invited to make a Palm Cross to bring to the zoom service on Sunday 28th March. If, like the webmaster, you discover that “the gift of paper folding” is one you are missing and your strip of paper is stuck at step 2… you are invited to join us at 11am 21st March (this Sunday !) after zoom coffee for a step by step workshop. Code as usual from the Chaplain.
Easter Weekend and Holy Week – we have to share the use of church
So – there are Online Resources available for every day during Holy Week
Easter Sunday – we will (C-19 permitting) be able to celebrate an Easter Morning Eucharist @10:30 (sign up form is up)
Lent on Sundays
– Prayers of Intercession – usually we put a world map behind the altar and invite small candles to be lit in prayer for whatever country…. Online the map will be there as part of our HomeChurch resources and we will pray each Sunday for some of the 20 countries that currently make up the Stuttgart part of the St Catherine’s church family
– a weekly parable and activity for children and young people
– every Sunday evening – why not join the short reflective service of Compline for 5 weeks on Zoom @21.00
– every Wednesday 14:00-16:00 and every Saturday 15:45-16:30 the church will be open for your reflections (and resources, based on seasonal hymns, will be available)
– every Wednesday also – why not join the Bible Study group for 5 weeks on Zoom @19:30
Revision of Electoral Roll and preparation for Annual Church Meeting (likely to be held in May or June)
If you have settled in with us at St. Catherine’s and made this your church in Stuttgart, now is the time to consider whether you would like to be added to the electoral roll. This is a way for your to formalise your membership and sense of belonging. It doesn’t invalidate any church membership elsewhere. But it does allow you to vote and stand for election at the Annual Church Meeting. More details and forms can be found here. Please return forms to email@example.com .
Any questions can also be sent to this address
– for this week’s focus countries: we return to praying for the nations from which our church family originated – this week the final set of 5: Germany, UK, Sri Lanka, Kenya and Canada
– for all considering and/or preparing for Confirmation (let chaplain know if you want to join in – service on 11.07.21)
– for the ongoing roll out of vaccines across many parts of the world and those seeking justice within that process
– for those who have especially asked for prayer