On Sunday 11.08. we will send off with our love, our prayers and our blessings, those who are going to Prague and Dresden and Leipzig – to Hus and Luther territory – on Pilgrimage.
We shall pray for them until they return, hopefully with many stories of things learnt, friends made, faith stretched or strengthened, prayers sent, space and stillness as blessing ….. and much much more.
For those of us who remain I will share what we, and the pilgrims, can enjoy with the weeks that hold us less tightly to routines and deadlines, and find ourselves blessed also.
Savour special moments
Live God’s message
Make new friends
Discover old ones
Tell those you love that you do
Forgive an enemy
Pick some daisies
Keep a promise
Look for rainbows
Gaze at stars
See beauty everywhere
Work hard (or not)
Try to understand
Make time for people
Make time for yourself
Take a chance
Let someone in
Try something new
Be soft sometimes
Believe in yourself
See a sunrise
Listen to the rain
Cry when you need to
– we pray for the ‘Pilgrims’ visiting Prague Dresden Leipzig Lutherstadt in the footsteps of Hus and Luther
– we pray for all who travel and those too poor to travel but also in need of rest and relaxation and treats
– we pray for those who have their birthdays during these summer weeks
– we pray for those whom we will miss especially during these summer weeks
– we pray for those with long term illnesses that dominate life
– we pray for those waiting for/ recovering from – surgery
we pray for those suffering directly due to climate change consequences and for us all as we take increasing responsibility for our lifestyles and their impact on climate change and plastic related issues
for the summer weeks:
“O Lord our Sovereign how majestic is your name in all the earth !” PSALM 8
if you accompany to our services a 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 year old – would you please drop Kara an email
a report and photos from our first Forest Church can be found here
= Bible Study – now taking a break – resumes from WE 04.09.19
= Ladies’ Evening Group on Tuesday 6th August @ Oishi Sushi in Feuerbach e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join us
= Men’s Pub Night – Thursday 8th August – Gasthaus Bären mail email@example.com if you plan to join us
= the Women’s Group will meet on Thursday 15th August @10.00 in the Anglican Centre
= on Sunday 21st July there was a service at Leonhardenskirche commemorating the bombing and destruction of both that church and ours 75 years ago – go and see the exhibition (open TU-FR 10.00-16.00) which I believe will be there until September
= Saturday 24th August @9.15 in the Anglican Centre will see our first PRAYER BREAKFAST details to follow
= there are TWO more baptism dates in the diary – 22.09. / 27.10. – if you are an Adult who has never been baptised please talk to Kara about what that might mean for you and check which date would fit best….. and more in the queue…..
= Schulanfänger Service Sunday 8th September – names to Kara for anyone starting school this September or changing school
= Annual Church Picnic – after church on Sunday 08th September details to follow.
= Harvest – hosted last year by West Africa, hosted this year by India – on Sunday 20th October.
= ‘A Harvest of Talents’ – the children (and some adults too please) to lay on a performance evening on Saturday 19th October so get practising – poems / music / reading / reciting / comedy / drama……. what will You bring ?
= Mini Book Sale – also on Saturday 19th October.
= 2020 trip to Oberammergau: for ticket to the Passion Play (only performed once every 10 years !!) plus one night accommodation estimated at around 400 euros – speak to Christopher Sloan or Eric Jarman sooner rather than later
- firstly a big Thank You to all who give regularly or at all and those who make one-off donations too
- secondly there are now hard copy forms available as well as website links for those who want to switch to ‘Planned Giving’
- thirdly the next ‘formal’ opportunity to review Planned Giving will be part of our Harvest Celebrations in mid – October
- finally too an appeal to anyone who has either experience or a passion for fundraising and grant application to join our finance team – you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you have been a member of St Catherine’s for a long time or recently joined us, and would as part of your integration and part of your discipleship like to offer your gifts of time and/or skills – please catch up with Kara for a chat
mentors – befriend and take under your wing one of our new congregation members who are also new to Stuttgart and help them find their feet – please talk to Kingstone or Kara
CAECG – any offers of catering / other tasks around Friday 13th/Saturday 14th September to Alison or Renate please and just to highlight from mid-august you will be approached for contributions
– we welcome visitors among us over the summer – those around for just one Sunday and those visiting for a little longer
– we welcome those new among us and pray they will soon feel at home at St Catherine’s
– quite a few new faces and also some baptism families to join us for their special day on 22.09. and 27.10.
- we have now done a disability audit:
a RAMP is available on request
a LARGE PRINT order of service is available on request
we are working on the SOUND system – please be patient
- the organ needs further work and this is not only expensive but also complicated – patience and prayers please
- the office door in the Anglican Centre is going in this summer
our Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer is Katy Kefferpütz who can be contacted at email@example.com should you have any queries or concerns or feedback
Chaplain – is in and out all week so please make your wishes known if you need to meet up for personal or chaplaincy issues
Chaplaincy Administrator aka the lovely Lauris – every Thursday: 10.00 – 12.00 BUT NOT DURING JULY / AUG
St Catherine’s Anglican Church does not receive financial support from the German government or the Diocese in Europe. We depend on the generous financial support of those that worship with us to support our ministry.
Thank you in advance for your support !
Your contributions may be paid by Überweisung to St Catherine’s Church:
The Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE67 5206 0410 0000 4022 22
Arrangements can also be made for those wishing to give from other countries because they no longer live in Stuttgart / Germany – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org