we pray for those unwell and for those undergoing treatments and recovering from surgery and those who have injured themselves – for healing and for peace
we pray for all who work for peace – especially in New Zealand and Holland in response to the events there in the last week, and also the ongoing unrest in France
will remain the same throughout Lent:
“Create in me a clean heart O God.” PSALM 51.10 (for pre-schoolers)
“Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.” PSALM 51.10 (everyone else)
During Lent we are being challenged to make time to reflect on our commitment to Christ.
Much of this: our commitment to prayer, bible reading, spiritual devotions is a private matter between us and God. But there are circumstances where it makes sense to share our reflection on the practical application of our commitment – our stewardship:
If we are reflecting on our planned giving to the church it helps with budgeting to share this information with the finance team (who will hold it in confidence) Planned giving allows the finance team to create a budget based on reality as well as faith – if you can complete the PlannedGivingForm2019 and return it to Jackie/Susanne email@example.com (or place it in an envelope in the collection plate) they can use the details to put together a realistic budget to present at the upcoming AGM.
If you feel called to serve in one of our areas of need speak to Kara …
- from April onwards the Church Council will need a new treasurer to support the bookkeeper – could this be you ??
(ask Kara what is required in skills and duties)
- the Church will need from April onwards a representative for ‘Council of Anglican and Episcopal Churches in Germany’ required – they meet twice a year for 24 hours next one is in September and will be hosted by us !!
other gifts sought please:
- technical support
- intercessions – public or private
- healing prayer – private
- Sunday school team will need another person from September
- do you play an instrument – our much loved organist is allowed holidays and would like to increase his team
– Next Joint Service with the Old Catholics is on 31.03. Beware – the clocks change Sat 30./Sun 31.03. – we loose an hour of sleep……
– If you want a speaking part in the passion reading on Palm Sunday 14.04. let Kara know
looking well ahead:
– the Annual Meeting will be on Sunday 7.04.19 after the service – please pray whether joining the Council is something God may be calling you to (in whatever capacity)
We welcome those new among us and pray they will soon feel at home at St Catherine’s.
It is impressive how our Welcome Team aka the three wise men looked after newcomers but it is for all of us to keep an eye out to see if anyone is struggling to find their way in the black book ………… or needing to be introduced to people over coffee
Chaplain – every Monday: 14.30 – 16.00 and every Saturday: 11.00 – 12.30
If I am not there at these times there will be a very good reason !
Chaplaincy Administrator aka the lovely Lauris – every Thursday: 10.00 – 12.00
I am also at the Centre at other times so feel free to drop in – no appointment needed !
Or DO make an appointment if that more suits your needs.