The Annual Church Meeting is approaching fast.…. Have you signed in?
- pray – for the business on the agenda, for those attending, for those who have served in the past (in any capacity), for those serving now, indeed for God’s blessing
- location in Church after Return2Church service
- bring – your own pen – in case voting slips are required to be used
- reminders – if you have Not booked in yet you Must do so online here please
MUST do so online here please
The Chaplain will send an email confirmation on FR 17th July to all who are booked in !
- the seats will be ‘named’ because of distancing and if you’ve not registered a seat you’ll not be allowed in the building
- link up – for those unable to attend the Annual Report and/or Annual Accounts will be made available electronically or by post on request (email@example.com)
grace and peace
Before the meeting we will use one the prayers below – I invite you to use it over the coming days……
Prayers before our Annual meeting
Heavenly Father, we come to you today asking for wisdom and support as we begin this meeting.
May everything we do begin with your inspiration and continue with your help.
We ask for guidance throughout this meeting that all of our thoughts and actions would reflect your Holy will. Remember that all of our concerns are aimed at the spiritual transformation of our church community and all those we seek to serve in your name.
We do ask you to grant us the grace to love you and our neighbours more perfectly.
And to remind us that all we do here today is for the pursuit of truth for the greater glory of you.
We ask all these things in your name.
Lord God, we thank you for bringing us together tonight after our different sorts of days; for the privilege of being able to serve you through helping administer the business of your church here; and for the many gifts you have given us which enable that.
Please help us to recognise and honour those gifts in ourselves and in one other; give us the grace to allow each one to individually blossom; and show us how to use them to complement each other, so that we may grow ever closer to what you need us to be as a Council.
As we work through the agenda tonight, we pray that your spirit may move freely among us, guiding us with the mind of Christ, so that the practicalities and other concerns are underpinned by your will and dealt with in peace, truth and above all, love.
We ask this in the name of your Son, our Saviour, whom we love and adore.