This year, like so many years in the past, the Service of Lessons and Carols, will be a central feature of our Advent Celebrations with two major differences:-
NOT at the Leonhardskirche ON Sunday 13th December 2020 @17:00.
but online FROM Sunday 13th December 2020 @17:00
What will be the same as every year:
- You are invited and You are welcome.
- There are the Prayers and Carols and Bible Readings so very familiar to us.
- There will be the opportunity to support charities – this is always a key aspect of this service and an important part of our values at St Catherine’s – to share our blessings with those less fortunate.
What will be different this year:
- You will, in the comfort of your own home, light as many candles as you like, at a time that suits you and others living with you. By all means have Glühwein and nibbles at the ready.
- You will be able to invite family living abroad to share the experience with you, over zoom or something similar.
- The Online ‘Lessons and Carols’ will be available from Sunday 13.12.20 right through into the new year.
- The pre-recorded Lessons will be read by members of the St Catherine’s church family here in Stuttgart.
- The recorded Carols and other musical items are being performed and put together by members of the St. Catherine’s Virtual Choir and a guest Music Group, members of which live right across the globe. This music will be added over the coming days, so if your favourite Carol isn’t here yet, do come back again.
- There are also Seasonal Poems and of course Prayers to start and end this special service.
Extra Bonus of this unique year and this unique experience:
You get to choose the Carols and the Readings and the Poems you wish to listen to and indeed how many times and with whom you would like to enjoy this celebration of gifts.
This has in the past been split between local and global projects.
We will as every year support the very local project Café Strichpunkt http://www.verein-jugendliche.de/arbeitsbereiche/cafe-strich-punkt/
The global project this year is something generic rather than specific as the C-19 virus has sharpened pre-existing needs.
We will be supporting two charities Médecins Sans Frontières https://www.msf.org/ – simply because of the reach they have.
And the Bishop’s Advent Appeal C-19 which will support specific project in the Anglican Communion https://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/ACF
Details of how to donate can be found here
There are the key contributors of musicians and readers and webteam. There are also all of you who in your turn invite others. But the final word remains –
Let us bless the Lord: Thanks be to God.