On offer Online:
In the comfort of your own home, at a time that suits you and others living with you, light as many candles as you like and join with our HomeChurch services.
Why not invite friends and family, near and far, to share the experience with you via Zoom or similar on-line platforms?
By all means have Glühwein and nibbles at the ready.
- from Sunday 29th November – ADVENT SUNDAY – A Service of Hope and Expectation
what you will find there – a simple liturgy to begin this season created around that most well known of Advent Carols: O Come O Come Emmanuel with bible readings and invitations to prayer – this is best enjoyed in the evening with lots of candles lit
- from Tuesday 1st December – ADVENT CALENDAR
what you will find there – a picture and a children’s story and a carol and a bible reading and an advent wreath with prayer – use what is meaningful to you in your home
- from Sunday 13th December – CHRISTINGLE SERVICE for children
what you will find there – some colouring and some songs and a story and some prayers to join in with (note to adults – let any children take a lead in this service)
- from Sunday 13th December – TRADITIONAL LESSONS AND CAROLS
what you will find there – a selection of bible readings to listen to or find in your own bible, a selection of traditional Advent and Christmas and Epiphany Carols and Anthems as well as seasonal prayers and poems – compile as many Carol Services as you would like
- from Tuesday 22nd December – A BLUE CHRISTMAS
what you will find there – a reflective event of gentle music and readings and prayers and candles to be lit especially created for the bereaved and those who have borne losses of any kind this year
- from Thursday 24th December – A CHRISTMAS LITURGY
what you will find there – a liturgy with Readings and Carols and Prayers for Christmas
- from 3rd January – AN EPIPHANY LITURGY
what you will find there – a liturgy for Epiphany complete with door chalking
- There will be the opportunity to support CHARITIES – this year as every year, sharing our blessings with those less fortunate is an important part of our values at St. Catherine’s.
Advance registration for all face-to-face “live” services is required as numbers are limited and so that contract tracing can be carried out, if necessary.
- ADVENT SERVICE – Saturday 28th November – 17:00
a simple liturgy to begin this season created around that most well known of Advent Carols: O Come O Come Emmanuel with bible readings and invitations to prayer – sign up by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- dates (tbc but likely to be 19.12. at the earliest) CAROLS ROUND THE FIREBOWL – carol singing, prayers and candles outside / in front of church lasting for around half an hour
- CHRISTMAS EUCHARIST – 25th December – 10:00 – please sign up here
- An EPIPHANY EUCHARIST with door chalking – Saturday 2nd January – 17:00
sign up by e-mailing email@example.com
- COMPLINE WITH ADVENT ANTIPHONS – a quiet reflective service at the end of a busy day. This will last around 20 minutes and take place daily from 17th to 23rd December incl @21.00. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and the zoom code will be sent to all who have expressed an interest.
Thank you to the key contributors: our musicians, readers and webteam.
Thank you to all of you who worship with us and in your turn invite others to do so too.
But the final word remains:-