- Return2Church – This weekend we return to R2C on Saturday 05. September at 17.00 with an Evensong taken by the Chaplain. No need to sign up beforehand just arrive and sign in.
- WorshipLearnPray See this version of Chaplain’s musings to catch up on what’s been on offer over the summer break for children, young people and adults
– for our Confirmation group not really being able to prepare properly at the moment nor yet finding a Confirmation Service date that works for the Bishop and us
– for September the baptism anniversaries (Nathan Jordan Vivian Charlie and any adults) and also any birthdays (Laurine Brian Olivia Britney Emilia James and any adults)
– for the sick and the dying and those who care for them
– for the increasing number of countries which are suffering from renewed cases of C-19 and further restrictions on travel.
- Sign up now! Our next OutdoorChurch with a baptism and Schulanfang prayers will be on Sunday 13th September – Wartburg Park near Killesberg – with picnic to follow.
Sunday 13.09.20 @11.00
Not long now:
-pray – for safety and for good weather and indeed for God’s blessing
This bit of park is small enough for us to not loose anyone, yet big enough to offer us enough room for a picnic (the much larger Killesberg is right next door) and room for a mini pilgrimage around the perimeter of the Egelsee (the ‘walking’ bits add up to only about 5 minutes and all on the flat).
- We will gather and we will sing. We will pray and listen to scripture.
- We will be there in support of Olivia who is being brought for baptism and in encouragement for her parents and godparents, sisters and godsister as they make some promises.
- We will celebrate her baptism and be invited in gratitude to remember our own.
- We will pray for all those starting school for the first time and those changing schools, and all children returning to school and to digital learning and for all who work in education.
- We will relax and enjoy friendship over a picnic.
- location Wartberg Park by car or bike or even foot if you live near enough ….. also U6 U7 U15 stop is Löwentorbrücke
- a picnic not to be shared with anyone who is not in your household
- a blanket to sit on during the picnic
- your own ‘household’ disinfectant for hands and any trips to the toilet
- children should bring their ‘mäppchen’/ pencil case and teachers bring a diary or ?
- Register – you Must do so please (for tracing purposes) sign up here. The Chaplain will send an email confirmation on FR 11th September to all who are booked in!
- there will be NO R2C service on 12.09.
- there will be no Online service on 13.09. – but the Morning Prayer liturgy is always available
- mask wearing – because we are outdoors this is optional
- distancing – because we are on the move throughout we will need adults and especially parents to be vigilant about this and ensure approriate distances are maintained
- A request – because this is a public space it may have the evidence of Saturday night activities so a 10.30 task force of cleaners would be much appreciated – bring thick gloves and strong binliner if you can help
grace and peace
(a risk assessment for this event is available on request)