Next Weekend !
Sunday 9th May Rogation Service on Zoom – 16:00
Contributions are now urgently sought – send in your images or thoughts on the theme of “a sense of place” What is special about where You live ?
Also readers can now volunteer,
mail the firstname.lastname@example.org to offer your services.
– please bring a map and a candle and a compass and something ‘beautiful’
(The zoom code for this service will be sent out on Friday 7th May – watch your Inbox and *Please note this service cannot be recorded for Data Protection reasons)
For background on Rogation – the time when traditionally fields and farms were blessed and a good harvest was prayed for click here
Full details of the procedure for signing up to attend and the conduct of this year’s ACM can be found here. Nominations for election are now closed but registration for attendance closes 13th May @18.00.
- R2C – on hold still. In Stuttgart and all the surrounding Landkreise the case numbers are now well over the 200:100000 limit and the Notbremse has been pulled. In the interests of keeping people safe: reducing the need for travel on public transport and demonstrating our care for others through our contact reduction R2C services have been put on hold at present.
- HomeChurch resources will be available on Sunday morning as usual.
- ZoomCoffee, Bible Study, Zoom Compline – Codes from the Chaplain as usual.
Those of you with an attuned ear will have noticed that over the Christmas period most of our Virtual Choir music featured a guest organ, as the one at St. Catherine’s is in need of repair. Work has started, both on the organ, and on supporting the Old Catholics in gathering funds to pay for repairs and maintenance. The link here https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/organ/ gives more details. If you have friends who like to support Church Music please pass it on to them. Thank you.
– for all who have their baptism anniversaries in May (Maja and Natalie and Emilia plus any adults) and for all who celebrate a birthday this month
– we prayed in November for the safe arrival of a St Catherine’s baby and Praise Be! Dan was born on 07.12.20. We prayed for the safe arrival of a St Catherine’s baby this month and Praise Be! we celebrate the safe arrival on 30.04.21 of Freddi and then we continue to pray for the safe arrival of another St Catherine’s baby due in July
– for all considering and/or preparing for Confirmation (let chaplain know if you want to join in – service moved possibly to Saturday 17.07.21)
– for the upcoming Annual Church Meeting and those standing for election
– for vaccine roll-out justice and those nations overwhelmed with needs
– for those who have especially asked for prayer
If you have the means to do so, please give what you would have put in the weekly collection plate via bank transfer.
Kontoinhaber : Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE39 6009 0100 0587 2530 02
Bank: Volksbank Stuttgart
For regular giving to St. Catherine’s setting up a “Dauerauftrag”, if you can, means you don’t have to remember to do this at the end of every service and helps support the on-going fixed costs of St. Catherine’s.
Thank you supporting our church.
Yours Lord is the greatness, the splendour and the majesty.
Everything we have comes from you and of your own do we give you.