- Going Live – FROM this Sunday, but available into the New Year are two events: for youngsters (of any age) a Christingle service and for all (including friends and family who live elsewhere in the world) our Lessons and Carols. Because this is online and will be available for more than three weeks – it is a work in progress. Do keep checking back as the music stock available, especially for us, will grow over time. Links will be available on the front page of the website. www.stcatherines-stuttgart.de
- ZoomCompline – look out for this in the ‘Advent version of Holy Week’ when it will be on offer daily from 17.12.-23.12. inclusive. Every evening starting at 21:00. If you’d like to join in please let the Chaplain know so she can send you the code for all 7 days (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ZoomCoffee – will continue through Advent at usual time of Sunday morning @10.30. If you’d like to join in please let the Chaplain know so she can send you the code (email@example.com).
- CAROLS ROUND THE FIREBOWL have been cancelled due to government regulations “Gemeindegesang ist untersagt” If it looks like we may be able to offer something similar at the tail end of the epiphany season (back end of January) we will put out details on the website.
- Forms – to sign up for the Christmas Eucharist (25.12.) are now up and waiting for you to fill them in. If numbers exceed “corona capacity” the Christmas Eucharist will be offered again on 26th December.
- MarmaladeMakers – sadly we have had to cancel this year’s St Catherine’s Annual Bazaar BUT we can still make and, in exchange for a donation to church funds, distribute marmalade. If you would like to join this year’s team of MarmaladeMakers (or any other preserve you would like to contribute) please let Alison know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and very many thanks.
- Klick&Kollect Knitted Nativity: Similarly, a friend of St. Catherine’s has been busy and one of these lovely figures could find its home on your, or a friend’s, Christmas tree this year. These are available, in exchange for a donation, for collection from the Anglican Centre when you are next in Stuttgart. See https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/outreach/fundraising/klickkollect-knitted-natvitiy-figures/ for more details.
– for the December Baptism Anniversaries (Amy and any adults) and December Birthdays (Great and Glen and Jodin and Edith plus a whole raft of adults)
– for health care workers in any capacity
– for all those who are fearful of the darkness in any sense of the word
– for the sick and the dying and those who accompany them
In the past collecting for our Christmas charitable giving, has mainly been through the collection at the ‘Carol Service’. This year giving is all online, but…
… this year, as every year, we will support the very local project Café Strichpunkt http://www.verein-jugendliche.de/arbeitsbereiche/cafe-strich-punkt/
The global project this year is something generic rather than specific as the Covid-19 virus has sharpened pre-existing needs.
We will be supporting two charities Médecins Sans Frontières https://www.msf.org/ – simply because of the reach they have.
And the Bishop’s Advent Appeal C-19 which will support specific project in the Anglican Communion https://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/ACF
Thank you for giving generously.
Kontoinhaber : Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE39 6009 0100 0587 2530 02
Bank: Volksbank Stuttgart
Please put “Christmas Charitable Giving” in the Verwendungszweck or comment box. Any unlabelled donations will go to support the general work of St. Catherine’s Anglican Chaplaincy in Stuttgart.
Yours Lord is the greatness, the splendour and the majesty.
Everything we have comes from you and of your own do we give you.