Notices for weekend 1st/2nd August
- Return2Church – There will be the usual R2C on Saturday 1st August in church at 17:00 – offering this week an Evensong. Please sign up via Alison (wardens@) Kara (chaplain@).
- HomeChurch – a selection of liturgies for the summer, sermon and choice of music will be available online from Sunday morning on our usual HomeChurch page
- WorshipLearnPray See this week’s Chaplain’s musings for a preview of what’s on offer over the summer break for children, young people and adults.
– for those who would normally use the summer weeks to visit family far away from Stuttgart but are currently unable (or it would be unwise) to do so
– for the sick and the dying and those who care for them
– for our newly elected Council as they prepare for their first meeting
- Finance Report
At our Annual Church Meeting last Saturday, Jackie our treasurer, presented the accounts for 2019 and the budget for 2020. The full report can be read here FinanceReport2019
The good news was that our income for 2019 was slightly higher than expected. The bad news is that it was still less than our expenditure and the budget for 2020 looks no better. Most of our expenditure is fixed costs – there is very little room for savings.
The incomes of many businesses, organisations and families have been hit by the current pandemic and our fundraising activities and collection plate are no exception. We are thankful to those members of St. Catherine’s who have tried to help plug this gap.
Along with praying for the financial security of our church, we would also ask you to pray for inspiration as to how we might find new ways of fundraising in the current situation, share those ideas with the council and take action to turn them into euros in the church account. (and a smile on the treasurer’s face). Thank you.
- Annual Church Meeting
If you were unable to attend the ACM, but would like a full copy of the Annual Report please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date! next OutdoorChurch with baptism and Schulanfang prayers will be on Sunday 13th September – somewhere on Killesberg – with picnic to follow.
This entry was posted in Home Church
. Bookmark the permalink