HomeChurch Resources for Sunday 26th July will be available, in full, online on Sunday morning at St. Catherine’s Home Church
You can follow the order for Morning Prayer or expand it with weekly audio and musical material from the resources collection. Use what is meaningful in your context.
Before worship, why not join us at 10:30am for our last ZoomCoffee before the summer break? If you did not find the invitation and meeting code in your inbox on Thursday please e-mail Kara firstname.lastname@example.org and she will resend to you.
Notices for weekend 25/26th July
- Return2Church – There will be the usual R2C on Saturday 25th July offering this week a Shortened Eucharist. Please sign up via Alison (wardens@) Kara (chaplain@).
- WorshipLearnPray See this week’s Chaplain’s musings for a preview of whats on offer over the summer break for children, young people and adults.
- Bible Study Group will meet for the last time before the summer break this Wednesday 19:30 via Zoom. Let Kara (chaplain@) know if you’d like to be included in the code email, without which you can’t join in.
– for those who would normally use the summer weeks to visit family far away from Stuttgart but are currently unable (or it would be unwise) to do so
– for the sick and the dying and those who care for them
– for our newly elected Council as they prepare for their first meeting
- Finance Report
At our Annual Church Meeting last Saturday, Jackie our treasurer, presented the accounts for 2019 and the budget for 2020. The full report can be read here FinanceReport2019
The good news was that our income for 2019 was slightly higher than expected. The bad news is that it was still less than our expenditure and the budget for 2020 looks no better. Most of our expenditure is fixed costs – there is very little room for savings.
The incomes of many businesses, organisations and families have been hit by the current pandemic and our fundraising activities and collection plate are no exception. We are thankful to those members of St. Catherine’s who have tried to help plug this gap.
Along with praying for the financial security of our church, we would also ask you to pray for inspiration as to how we might find new ways of fundraising in the current situation, share those ideas with the council and take action to turn them into euros in the church account. (and a smile on the treasurer’s face). Thank you.
- Annual Church Meeting
If you were unable to attend the ACM, but would like a full copy of the Annual Report please e-mail email@example.com
- Save the Date! next OutdoorChurch service will be on Sunday 13th September – with Schulanfang picnic to follow.