Lent@ St. Catherine’s
(a printable list for your notice board/fridge is available here)
Lent on Sundays
Prayers of Intercession – usually we put a world map behind the altar and invite small candles to be lit in prayer for whatever country…. Online the map will be there as part of our HomeChurch resources and we will pray each Sunday for some of the 20 countries that currently make up the Stuttgart part of the St Catherine’s church family
– a weekly parable and activity for children and young people
– every Sunday evening – why not join the short reflective service of Compline for 5 weeks on Zoom @21.00
– every Wednesday 14:00-16:00 and every Saturday 15:45-16:30 the church will be open for your reflections (and resources, based on seasonal hymns, will be available)
– every Wednesday also – why not join the Bible Study group for 5 weeks on Zoom @19:30
– Saturdays 17:00 – R2C in church – Covid-19 and its mutations permitting – we aim to offer a Shortened Eucharist for all of the next 5 Saturdays. Advance registration is required – contact the Chaplain email@example.com.
World Day of Prayer – Friday 5th March – 19:00
As with so much at present, the Weltgebetstag – World Day of Prayer will be celebrated online. The “ WGT to go” package can be picked up from church on Saturday if you are attending R2C and Wednesday 14:00-16:00, and also from the Anglican Centre on Thursday morning between 10:00 and 12:00 noon. The envelope consists of Gottesdienst brochure, invitation to online service, tea candle, postcard, tea bag, sand and sea shells🐚 , last but not least a cup cake/muffin cup. More details here.
Palm Sunday – on Sunday 28.03. 16:00 a service* for any and all who wish to join in on Zoom with the usual Passion Reading (for parts let Chaplain know who will email you text)
Easter Weekend and Holy Week – we have to share the use of church
Maundy Thursday – there will be Online resources available
Good Friday – an Online ‘Stations of the Cross’ resource for your reflections and prayers
Holy Saturday – the Exsultet will go Online as it did last year plus a chance for you to light your Baptism Candle(s) and remember/ renew your Baptism Vows
Easter Sunday – we will be able to celebrate an Easter Morning Eucharist @10:30 (sign up form is already up and if we need to hold this service twice – as we did Christmas – we will offer the same service again on Easter Monday also @10:30)
* collect a Palm Cross from church during Lent Open Church times or make your own palm cross
– for all who have their baptism anniversaries in February (Katelyn and Eljas and Lara plus any adults) and for all who celebrate a birthday this month (Philippa, Jordan, Derrick, Emil and any adults)
– for the roll out of vaccines across many parts of the world
– for all who struggle in winter
– for those who have especially asked for prayer
If you have the means to do so, please give what you would have put in the weekly collection plate via bank transfer.
Kontoinhaber : Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE39 6009 0100 0587 2530 02
Bank: Volksbank Stuttgart
For regular giving to St. Catherine’s setting up a “Dauerauftrag”, if you can, means you don’t have to remember to do this at the end of every service and helps support the on-going fixed costs of St. Catherine’s.
Thank you supporting our church.
Yours Lord is the greatness, the splendour and the majesty.
Everything we have comes from you and of your own do we give you.