- Return2Church – Saturday 3th October – 17:00 – this requires no registration – but please you Must sign in on arrival (for tracing if needed)
- HomeChurch – after our summer break we return to our full palette of extra resources with audio readings, sermon, prayers etc. Resources will be online from Sunday morning https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/services/home-church/
- Harvest Festival – This year’s Harvest Festival will take place on Sunday 11th October – 10:00am in church. Space is limited and advance registration is a MUST.
(We are fortunate that the Old Catholics are not using the church this week and therefore we are able to hold our service on a Sunday morning)
We realise that it is six months since our children have been able to attend a Sunday service in church and are therefore making Harvest a “children’s emphasis” service.
What you can expect:
- a simple liturgy which has some spoken joining in
- we will start the service in front of the church with v1 of Come ye thankful people come to be sung by all, then as Stephen sings the rest of that hymn we find our seats
- there will be a story, an activity and Bible reading
- we will finish the service outside church with another song
- there will be the usual collection of packets and tins of food for ‘Schwäbische Tafel’ – but possibly not the usual bringing forward to avoid too much mixing.
Please remember to sign up here https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/services/sign-up-for-harvestfestival/ Places will be confirmed the Friday before.
- Zoom Coffee – if you are interested in joining the zoom coffee group, it is scheduled to resume on Sunday 18th October, please let Kara know (email@example.com)
– for all those reflecting on what 30 years of reunification means for the country in which we live, the successes and failures, gains and losses…
– for our Confirmation group not really being able to prepare properly at the moment nor yet finding a Confirmation Service date that works for the Bishop and us
– for October the baptism anniversaries (James, Isabella, Neven and Kai and any adults) and also any birthdays (Natalie, Shane, Lois and any adults – especially Hanne)
– for the sick and the dying and those who care for them
– for the increasing number of countries which are suffering from renewed cases of C-19 and further restrictions on daily life and travel, and the families and friends we have in some of those places.
Notices for weekend 3rd/4th October
This entry was posted in Home Church, Notices. Bookmark the permalink.