Jutta Ross – 09.02.1933 – 05.04.2021
It is with great sadness that we have heard from her family of the death of long-standing St. Catherine’s member Jutta Ross. We give thanks for all that Jutta, with beloved husband Donald, contributed to the life of St. Catherine’s and keep her family in our prayers at this sad time. May she rest in peace and rise in glory.
This Weekend !
Saturday – the code and documents for the Annual Church Meeting will be mailed to those who have registered later today (Friday)
Sunday – we are back to normal online service for Ascension and thank all those who have contributed to our worship
- R2C – on hold still. In Stuttgart and all the surrounding Landkreise the case numbers have just dropped below the 200:100000 limit but the Notbremse is still in effect – I am hopeful for Pentecost in Church – watch this space
- Bible Study (Wed) , ZoomCoffee (Sun), Compline (Sun) – Codes from the Chaplain as usual and new folk always welcome either as a one off visit or on a regular basis
Those of you with an attuned ear will have noticed that over the Christmas period most of our Virtual Choir music featured a guest organ, as the one at St. Catherine’s is in need of repair. Work has started, both on the organ, and on supporting the Old Catholics in gathering funds to pay for repairs and maintenance. Thank you to those who have donated, there is still more to be done. The link here https://stcatherines-stuttgart.de/organ/ gives more details. If you have friends who like to support Church Music please pass it on to them. Thank you.
– for the Annual Church Meeting and those standing for election as well as praying with gratitude for those who have served for the past year and in exceptional circumstances
– for all who have their baptism anniversaries in May ( Maja and Natalie and Emilia plus any adults) and for all who celebrate a birthday this month
– we prayed in November for the safe arrival of a St Catherine’s baby and Praise Be ! Dan was born on 07.12.20 and Praise Be ! we celebrate the safe arrival today 30.04.21 of Freddi and then we pray for the safe arrival of another St Catherine’s baby due in July
– for all considering and/or preparing for Confirmation (let chaplain know if you want to join in – service moved possibly to Saturday 17.07.21)
– for vaccine roll-out justice and those nations overwhelmed with needs
– for those who have especially asked for prayer