- Thursday 18. Maundy Thursday Service in the Anglican Centre @ 19.30
- Friday 19. Good Friday – Open House 10.30-19.30
in the Anglican Centre, come and go as you please, suitable for all ages
- Saturday 20. Holy Saturday – Ecumenical Vigil Service @ 21-23.30 begins in Leonardskirche and finishes in Katherinenkirche
If you would like to read at the Ecumenical Vigil on Saturday 20.04. let me know urgently email@example.com
- Sunday 21. Easter Sunday Eucharist @ 11.15 in Church
followed by easter egg hunt for children and bring-and-share lunch for all
during the Easter Eucharist and again at Pentecost – I would like us to waft some incense, which was indeed one of the gifts offered by the magi to the infant Christ, and is often mentioned as representing both the holiness and the presence, of God.
(it will only be in the Altar area but if you have asthma / other problems with incense, please talk to me so we can make sure you are safe)
- Women’s Group – Thursday 25th April – 10:00 – Anglican Centre
- Men’s Pub Night – Thursday 25th April – 19:00 – Rote Kapelle – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join us.
- American-German Gospel Concert – EV. Leonardskirche Stuttgart – Sunday 5th May, 2019 at 17:00, doors open to the public at 16:30
St. Catherine’s Anglican Church and the International Church of the Nazarene along with DAZ (Deutsch-Amerikanisches Zentrum) welcome you to Stuttgart’s 12th Annual American-German Gospel Festival.
Donations from the retiring collection and refreshments will go to help build a well in Yemen.
All Hands on Deck!
Volunteers are needed to make this a successful and memorable event:
We are asking you to:
- Donate refreshments and baked goods.
- Volunteer to Set up from 14:00 to 15:30
- Serve refreshments from 15:30 -18:30 and
- Clean up after the concert 18:30 and beyond.
Please offer donations of help and of refreshments welcome on the sign-up sheets in the Anglican Centre or speak to Lauris or Gary.
- Annual Book Sale –Saturday 18th May – all day
Helpers wanted for St. Catherine’s Booksale!On Saturday, May 18, we have one of our big fundraising events coming up – St. Catherine’s Booksale. To make it a success, we need lots of people to pitch in and help – the more we are, the more fun it will be! We need people to help set up on Friday evening (approx. 18:00 to 21:00), and on Saturday, we need friendly sales assistants and cashiers to turn St. Catherine’s into an amazing book store! We’ll try to organize shifts, starting at about 09:00… There will also be a baked goods sale, organized by Naomi, for which we need lots of luscious home-baked goodies – so if you’re a kitchen god or goddess, get busy! Naomi would also welcome some support in cutting cake and pouring tea on the day. Finally, when all is over at 16:00, we will need a team to pack the left-overs away again, for next year…If you have time to help, then please let Susanna Thielecke know – best of all by sending her an e-mail (email@example.com).There are other ways in which you can help as well – for instance, by telling all your friends and acquaintances about the event. We have advertising flyers, so come by the Anglican Centre and pick some up, or take some after the next service you attend. Finally, we are always happy to receive donations of good quality English-language books – they can either be dropped off at the Anglican Centre or brought along on the day.
- Ladies’ Evening Group – Wednesday 22nd May – Sophies Brauhaus – if you’d like to join the ladies for food and fellowship. If you would like to join us e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concert – Tuesday 28th May – we have invited the Shepherd’s Symphony a children’s choir from India who are on tour. The concert will be @18.30 in Leonhardkirche near Rathaus UBahn
we pray for all who work for Peace in our world and for all those who long for Peace and for all those who have never known Peace
– firstly a big Thank You to all who give regularly or at all
– secondly there are now hard copy forms available as well as website links for those who want to switch to ‘Planned Giving’
– finally too an appeal to anyone who has either experience or a passion for fundraising and grant application to join our finance team – you can email them on email@example.com
gifts or occasional help sought please:
- – technical support especially for ‘Apple’ / iMacs
- – intercessions – public or private
- – healing prayer – private
- – fundraising
- – do you play an instrument – our much loved organist is allowed holidays…
- ‘Catering Manager’ for our hosting of the chaplains and lay reps (40-50) from all Germany FR 13. / Sa 14.09.19
offers of help to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Kara
we welcome those new among us and pray they will soon feel at home at St Catherine’s
there were at least 11 new faces in church yesterday and it is impressive how our Welcome Team aka the three wise men looked after them but it is for all of us to keep an eye out to see if anyone is struggling to find their way in the black book ………… or needing to be introduced to people over coffee
our Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer is Katy Kefferpütz who can be contacted at email@example.com should you have any queries or concerns or feedback
Chaplain – every Monday: 14.30 – 16.00 and every Saturday: 11.00 – 12.30
If I am not there at these times there will be a very good reason !
Chaplaincy Administrator aka the lovely Lauris – every Thursday: 10.00 – 12.00
I am also at the Centre at other times so feel free to drop in – no appointment needed !
Or DO make an appointment if that more suits your needs.
St Catherine’s Anglican Church does not receive financial support from the German government or the Diocese in Europe. We depend on the generous financial support of those that worship with us to support our ministry.
Thank you in advance for your support !
Your contributions may be paid by Überweisung to St Catherine’s Church:
The Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE67 5206 0410 0000 4022 22
Arrangements can also be made for those wishing to give from other countries because they no longer live in Stuttgart / Germany – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org