Peace be with you ! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. JOHN 20.21
Thank you to those who helped with the Gospel concert on Sunday.
We are still seeking to discover your gifts
- – technical support especially for ‘Apple’ / iMacs
- – intercessions – public or private
- – healing prayer – private
- – fundraising
- – do you play an instrument – our much loved organist is allowed holidays…….
offers of help to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Kara
- – ‘Catering Manager’ for our hosting of the chaplains and lay reps (40-50) from all Germany FR 13. / Sa 14.09.19
Helpers wanted for St. Catherine’s Booksale!
On Saturday, May 18, we have one of our big fundraising events coming up – St. Catherine’s Booksale. To make it a success, we need lots of people to pitch in and help – the more we are, the more fun it will be! We need people to help set up on Friday evening (approx. 18:00 to 21:00), and on Saturday, we need friendly sales assistants and cashiers to turn St. Catherine’s into an amazing book store! We’ll try to organize shifts, starting at about 09:00… There will also be a baked goods sale, organized by Naomi, for which we need lots of luscious home-baked goodies – so if you’re a kitchen god or goddess, get busy! Naomi would also welcome some support in cutting cake and pouring tea on the day. Finally, when all is over at 16:00, we will need a team to pack the left-overs away again, for next year…
If you have time to help, then please let Susanna Thielecke know – best of all by sending her an e-mail (email@example.com).
There are other ways in which you can help as well – for instance, by telling all your friends and acquaintances about the event. We have advertising flyers, so come by the Anglican Centre and pick some up, or take some after the next service you attend. Finally, we are always happy to receive donations of good quality English-language books – they can either be dropped off at the Anglican Centre or brought along on the day.
Ladies’ Evening Group – Wednesday 22nd May – Sophies Brauhaus – if you’d like to join the ladies for food and fellowship. If you would like to join us e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Concert – Tuesday 28th May – we have invited the Shepherd’s Symphony a children’s choir from India who are on tour. The concert will be @18.30 in Leonhardkirche near Rathaus UBahn
Ascension Day Walk – Thursday 30th May meet at the Centre around 15.45 for an opening prayer and then a walk up to Bopser Tea Rooms where we shall read the Ascension story and pray some more and then people can stay or go …… the walking bit will be either in silent prayer or with family and friends (Kara to sort on the day)
our Chaplaincy Safeguarding Officer is Katy Kefferpütz who can be contacted at email@example.com should you have any queries or concerns or feedback
Prayer – ever since we thought a little about ‘public prayer in the context of data protection’ during some of the services last august – this has been at the fore front and at the back of my head and I gave it extra time during Lent not least in also talking to some of you about your thoughts.
I think I am now ready to move ahead with this and would like to make some offerings.
- if you have been recently bereaved or are marking the anniversary of a bereavement please light a candle in the sand bowl at the altar (if you arrive late then do it during a hymn)
- sickness and all things medical (including mental health) put just a name on piece of paper (available with hymn and service books at arrival) and lay on the altar (if you arrive late then do it during a hymn)
- national news in your ‘home’ country whether in the news or not put on a piece of paper (available with hymn and service books at arrival) and lay on the altar (if you arrive late then do it during a hymn)
- all of these I can then pray for specifically but silently and anonymously during the Eucharistic Prayer and all pieces of paper will after the service be destroyed
this approach means that prayer is a partnership in that both you and I are working together to bring before our God the needs and concerns on our hearts. This will not replace our Intercessions which are often around the themes of the day and a broader world wide and community scope.
There is also a different format which is an important part of the spirituality and discipleship of at least some of our members and that is ‘praying together’ so once again some offerings.
- prayer meetings – perhaps once a term and then out of necessity on a Saturday ? though I shall participate these would be led by lay people
- prayer for our services and those who attend them – anyone who feels this is important come to sacristy / vestry each Sunday at 11.00 prompt and I shall lead these to begin with…..
- we pray this week for ourselves and those who are dear to us
- and if we want to for them also in the context now of our journey through Easter
- also my prayer list – people who have asked for my prayers – is getting longer, so please pray for those people too (you don’t need to know who they are or what their needs are) just remember them
- we pray for our young people and our teachers as they return
we pray for all who work for Peace in our world and for all those who long for Peace and for all those who have never known Peace and for those distraught by the most recent acts of violence and terror
we pray for places of worship including churches, synagogues, temples and mosques across the world who are now anxious about safety
- firstly a big Thank You to all who give regularly or at all
- secondly there are now hard copy forms available as well as website links for those who want to switch to ‘Planned Giving’
- finally too an appeal to anyone who has either experience or a passion for fundraising and grant application to join our finance team – you can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
St Catherine’s Anglican Church does not receive financial support from the German government or the Diocese in Europe. We depend on the generous financial support of those that worship with us to support our ministry.
Thank you in advance for your support !
Your contributions may be paid by Überweisung to St Catherine’s Church:
The Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE67 5206 0410 0000 4022 22
Arrangements can also be made for those wishing to give from other countries because they no longer live in Stuttgart / Germany – please contact email@example.com