we pray for those unwell and for those undergoing treatments and recovering from surgery and those who have injured themselves – for healing and for peace
we pray for all who work for peace
All things come from you and of your own do we give you. 1 Chronicles 29:14b
On Sunday we had the first of our Lenten sermons focusing on stewardship and were encouraged to make time this lent to consider:
- the time we set aside for personal devotion
- the financial committent we can make to support the church through planned giving
- the practical service we offer to the church and one another
and the generosity of spirit with which we do these things.
Watch out for more on the concept of planned giving in the coming weeks.
- the Church Council will need from April onwards a new Council Secretary – could this be You ?? (ask Kara what is required in skills and duties)
- the Church Council will need from April onwards a second Church Warden – could this be You ??(ask Kara what is required in skills and duties)
- the Church will need from April onwards a representative for ‘Council of Anglican and Episcopal Churches in Germany’ required – they meet twice a year for 24 hours next one is in September and will be hosted by us !!
- other gifts sought please:
– technical support
– intercessions – public or private
– healing prayer – private
– Sunday school team will need another person from September
– do you play an instrument – our much loved organist is allowed holidays…….
offers of help to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Kara
will remain the same throughout Lent:
“Create in me a clean heart O God.” PSALM 51.10 (for pre-schoolers)
“Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.” PSALM 51.10 (everyone else)
- Next Joint Service with the Old Catholics is on 31.03.
- If you want a speaking part in the passion reading on Palm Sunday 14.04. let me know
looking well ahead:
- the Annual Meeting will be on Sunday 7.04.19 after the service – please pray whether joining the Council is something God may be calling you to (in whatever capacity)
- the Wednesday Bible Study will start on Lenten theme for next 5 weeks – come along at 19.30 at the Anglican Centre
- LEGS (ladies dining out) 20.03. @19.30 Sophies’ Brauhaus
- Clocks change sat 30./sun 31.03. – we loose an hour sleep……
we welcome those new among us and pray they will soon feel at home at St Catherine’s
there were at least three sets of new faces in church yesterday and it is impressive how our Welcome Team aka the three wise men looked after them but it is for all of us to keep an eye out to see if anyone is struggling to find their way in the black book ………… or needing to be introduced to people over coffee
Chaplain – every Monday: 14.30 – 16.00 and every Saturday: 11.00 – 12.30
If I am not there at these times there will be a very good reason !
Chaplaincy Administrator aka the lovely Lauris – every Thursday: 10.00 – 12.00
I am also at the Centre at other times so feel free to drop in – no appointment needed !
Or DO make an appointment if that more suits your needs.
St Catherine’s Anglican Church does not receive financial support from the German government or the Diocese in Europe. We depend on the generous financial support of those that worship with us to support our ministry.
Thank you in advance for your support !
Your contributions may be paid by Überweisung to St Catherine’s Church:
The Friends of the English Church e.V.
IBAN: DE67 5206 0410 0000 4022 22