The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom then shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
of whom then shall I be afraid?
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and he shall comfort your heart;
wait patiently for the Lord.
As I thought you might be missing our church I am posting pics taken on Palm Sunday.
I used our web based service at home much earlier than all of you so I could be in church for 11.00
I still believe that it is important to pray in and for and on behalf of St Catherine’s while I am able to do so
So in that spirit –
- I put on the bells
- Then I picked up our hymn book and turned to ‘Ride on ride on in majesty….’
- Went outside into the glorious sunshine and sang the whole hymn while processing round our church
- Being a person who can multi task (walk and sing at the same time) I stretched it to one more and also prayed for the protection of both our worshipping community and that of the AKs
- It may have looked daft to the few who saw me (yes, there were some) and might raise some questions among some of you about my mental well being…
- But I found it a very moving experience not least to exercise my priestly ministry even in these strange days and these strange ways
- Back inside I sang a couple of verses again loudly to fill the space with song
- Finally I sat and prayed for all of us and beyond us to our neighbours and the nations in which we have loved ones
Jesus on the First Easter bestowed Peace to his disciples and never have we needed that more but as your Chaplain I would like to add this year the encouragement ‘don’t let Corona rob you of Easter Joy’
And though you will need to redefine the word ‘wonderful’
I wish you each and every one a wonderful Easter and a blessed Easter when it comes
Our online resources for Holy Week and Easter can be found here – Home Church
The links will go live as the relevant day approaches and the materials are complete.
If you have photos of your prayer candles, prayer leaves, Easter gardens or any other elements of Home Church which you wish to share please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to add to our gallery of prayer and worship.